A Luxurious Dartmoor Holiday Home
Tucked away beneath the tors above Belstone sits Taikoo - a fascinating 1920s English country house, with a distinctly Oriental flavour.
Set in extensive gardens, and boasting an indoor heated swimming pool, it offers the perfect self-catering holiday location for up to 14 guests to get together whilst getting away ...
Relax, amid original features and chinoiserie-style furnishings, inspired by the Far-Eastern connections of Taikoo's creator, John Bois.
Huge bay windows open out on to terraces and glorious views of the Devon countryside, whilst woodburning stoves and cosy corners will cosset you as the Dartmoor day draws to a close ...
Landscaped grounds, with their pools, terraces, lawns, paddocks and woodlands, offer you your very own secluded haven.
Wild flowers fill the banks and hedgerows that surround areas of formal and informal planting, and native wildlife abounds. Deer are frequent visitors, ponies gather at the gate, and views of the rugged slopes of Dartmoor that surround you are ever-present ...
Staying at Taikoo
Taikoo provides self-catering holiday accommodation for families and groups of up to 12 adults plus 2 children.It is available for:
- Week-long Holidays - from 4pm Friday to 10am Friday or 4pm Monday to 10am Monday
- Two-night Weekend Breaks - from 4pm Friday to 4pm Sunday
- Three-night Weekend Breaks - from 4pm Friday to 10am Monday
- Mid-week Breaks - from 4pm Monday to 10am Friday
Families & Children: The house is ideal for multi-generational families, and we can provide two cots, two high chairs and a sound-only baby monitor.
Dogs and Horses: Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome (for an additional fee of £50 per dog, per stay). We can (at additional cost) also arrange stabling for horses on site, with some great rides available straight from the grounds - please contact us if you would like details.
As a Venue: There is parking space for at least 10 cars on site. Taikoo makes a great venue for parties and get-togethers, but we are sorry that it is not a venue for weddings, hen or stag parties or for events involving fireworks.
EatingCooking and Dining
- Dining table for 14 (+ 2 high chairs)
- Kitchen table for 12
- East Terrace table for 12, with a matching additional table for a further four
- South Terrace table for eight
- Four-oven oil-fired Aga, with two round hot plates and warming plate
- Electric fan Miele oven, with induction hob
- Microwave oven
- Miele bean-to-cup coffee maker
- Quooker boiling water tap
- Two Bosch dishwashers
- Integrated 70:30 fridge freezer in kitchen
- Additional fridge/freezer in larder
- Rosle charcoal BBQ
- Bedrooms 6 & 7 also share a small night kitchen with an induction hob, fridge, kettle and microwave.
- Sleeps 14
- 7 bedrooms | 5 bathrooms
|Master Suite||Super King||En-suite|
|Bedroom 2||Super King||En-suite|
|Bedroom 3||Super King*||En-suite|
|Bedroom 4||King||Shared en-suite|
|Bedroom 5||Super King*||Shared en-suite|
|Bedroom 6||Queen*||Shared walk-in shower room|
|Bedroom 7||2 Small Singles**||Shared walk-in shower room|
- Indoor heated swimming pool (serviced and cleaned every Friday)
- Four Smart TVs
- Large media system and DVD player
- Books and DVDs, with a selection suitable for children
- WiFi with superfast broadband
- Sound-only baby monitor
- Two wood-burning stoves, 5kw and 8kw
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
- Chargers for iPads/iPhones
- Linen, towels and essentials (guests are asked to bring their own pool towels)
- Explore the vast beauty of Dartmoor, on horse, on foot or in car
- Shop till you drop in Chagford and Exeter
- Take to the country for a range of outdoor pursuits, including clay pigeon shooting and archery
- Catch one of the great festivals for live music and more
- Learn something new at the local museums, galleries and exhibitions
- Be pampered by expert beauty therapists and trained by fitness experts
- Dine, recline, golf and wander the stunning Bovey Castle
- Windsurf, sail and kayak at Roadford Lake Country Park
- Make like the Famous Five on the Dartmoor Mystery Treasure Trail
- Try glass blowing and painting and jewellery design at Dartington Crystal Glass
- Take to the trees at Tree Surfers
- See England's highest waterfall at Canonteign Falls
- See four acres of garden gnomes and pixies at Bradworthy
- Segway through Haldon Forest at Go Segway
From the Blog
Northern Dartmoor takes on a special character of its own at this time of year – and there’s no better way to experience it than from your own country house retreat …